DOCFY TERMS OF SERVICE
END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
This policy statement was last updated on Dec 2, 2013.
By installing this Application, you accept the following terms:
1. OWNERSHIP. Docfy and its licensors shall license this Android App (the “Licensed Application”) to you (the “End User”), only on the condition that you accept all of the terms contained in this License Agreement (this “Agreement”). Google is not a party to this Agreement, and is not responsible for the Licensed Application or its content. This is a license‘, not a sale.
2. PRIVACY NOTICE. The use of the Licensed Application does not imply any sort of collection of Personally Identifiable Information, as defined and protected by the US privacy law; the Licensed Application does not collect or import Personally Identifiable Information from users’ devices, neither does it use or detect users’ precise geographic location. Billing data for Premium Users is secured by Google Wallet Service and is never disclosed to the Licensed Application. However, if the End-User chooses to provide any of his identifiable data to associate or link the service extended by the Licensed Application with that of a different App Platform, then the policies of the App Platform apply, with no liability on the Licensed Application. Upon users’ request, the Licensed Application may require some data like email ID for setting up syncing feature. Such data is not to be re-used and no data transfer to third parties should take place. If users choose to sync their Content, this shall prerequisite the revelation of the user’s email ID to the chosen platform where users will sync their Content, with only these two parties being capable to access the Content. The Licensed App shall have no accessibility to the Content of the End-User.
IF YOU DO NOT WANT COOKIES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGIES ON YOUR DEVICE, OR DO NOT WANT AD NETWORKS OR DATA ANALYSIS COMPANIES TO ACCESS OR USE YOUR ID, YOU SHOULD NOT DOWNLOAD THIS FREE APPLICATION.
Docfy app may use tools or analytical software supplied by other companies to collect and use certain non-personal data that does not enable the Licensed Application to identify you. The types of non- personal data the Licensed Application may collect and use include but are not limited to: (i) mobile device type and device properties; (ii) mobile device software platform and ﬁrmware; (iii) mobile phone carrier; and (iv) other non-personal data as reasonably required by the Licensed Application to enhance its services. Docfy reserves the right to use and disclose the collected non-personal data to advertisers. Docfy app may use third party mobile analytics service providers to understand anonymous aggregated usage data for the Licensed Application. Smart Document Scanner may provide links through advertisements or otherwise enable you to access third party sites. Please note that, while using such sites, you are using sites developed and administered by people or companies not affiliated with or controlled by Smart Document Scanner. The Licensed Application is not responsible for the actions of those third parties, the content of their sites, the use of information you provide them with, or any products or services they may offer. Our link to those sites does not constitute our sponsorship of, or affiliation with, those third parties.
4. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS; RESTRICTIONS. You acknowledge that Docfy app, and its licensors retain all right, title and interest in the original and any copies of the software incorporated into the Licensed Application. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you agree not to: (a) use the Licensed Application for non-individual, commercial use; (b) copy, reproduce, distribute, or in any other manner duplicate
the software, in whole or in part; (e) sell, lease, license, sublicense, distribute, assign, transfer or otherwise grant any rights in the software, in whole or in part; (f)
modify, port, translate, or create derivative works of the software; (g) decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive, reconstruct,engineer or otherwise attempt to derive, reconstruct, identify or discover any source code, underlying ideas, or algorithms, of the software by any means and (h) remove any proprietary notices, labels or marks from the software.
You may be held liable for any copyright infringement that results from such any unauthorized uses of the Licensed Application
5. INFORMATION SUBMITTED TO DOCFY APP. Any and all information that you provide to Docfy app may be disclosed by if so required, to meet legal or regulatory requirements, such as under a court order or to a government institution if required or authorized by law, or in the event of a sale, merger or acquisition to another entity.
6. ACCESS TO DEVICE. The Licensed Application will have access to your device to perform: Full network access; View network connection; Read sync statistics; Toggle sync on/off; Test access to protected storage; Take pictures; Modify or delete the contents of USB storage; Create accounts and set passwords and Find and use accounts on the device.
7. LICENSED APPLICATION UPDATES. Updates to the Licensed Application will be available through Play Store. Updating the app on your device shall not generally result in losing content previously stored if relevant instructions are to be followed.
8. DATA LOSS. Docfy app provides services at a commercially reasonable level. We work hard to meet users’ needs and assure the consistency and security of our services. However, we might fail to foresee some legal and technological risks including but not limited to service interruption, data loss and other damages or risks due to force majeure, viruses, Trojans, hackers’ attack, unstable system, defective services provided by third parties, or government actions. You hereby acknowledge and confirm that you use the Licensed Application at your own risk.
9. LICENSE GRANT. In consideration of your compliance with this End-User License Agreement, Softxpert grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable right and license to use the OCR software as ‘incorporated in the Licensed Application for the sole and limited purpose of accessing the OCR feature in the Licensed Application and as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in the Android Market Terms of Service.
10. COPYRIGHTS & TRADEMARKS. The trademarks, names, logos and service marks (collectively “trademarks”) displayed on this Licensed Application and relevant website are registered and unregistered trademarks of the owning developing company. These shall not be used without the prior written permission of the owning company. The written content displayed on this website and its hosted blog is exclusively owned by its respective author and may not be reproduced in whole, or in part, without the express written permission of the author.
11. TERMINATION. This License will automatically terminate if you fail to comply with any of its terms.
12. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Neither Docfy app nor its licensors warrant that the functions contained in the Licensed Application will meet your requirements or that the operation of the Licensed Application will be uninterrupted or error free.
THE LICENSED APPLICATION IS PROVIDED ON AN ‘AS IS’ BASIS AND THE FOREGOING WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE IMPLIED BY AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER APPLICABLE LAW., NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE LAW. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY DOCFY APP, ITS DEALERS, DISTRIBUTORS, AGENTS, OR EMPLOYEES SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. THE DURATION OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE LIMITED WARRANTIES SET FORTH HEREIN. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW. IN NO EVENT SHALL DOCFY APP AND/OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS OR PROFITS; OR FOR ANY INDIRECT., INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE LICENSED APPLICATION, EVEN IF SMART DOCUMENT SCANNER OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE WAS PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR
FOR ANY OTHER CLAIM BY YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON.
13. GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement, including the warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability, are governed by the laws of the United States of America and the State of California.
14. CONTACT INFORMATION. You may contact Docfy app developers with any questions, complaints or claims about the Licensed Application at this address:
Softxpert Inc., 17011 Beach Blvd.,
Suite 900, PO Box 92647, Huntington Beach, Ca.